• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Softball season soon begins

Eighth graders Rachel Dionis and Alana Cunningham get ready to go to a softball open gym.

Abbie Starr, reporter

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

As spring begins so does softball season. The Altoona softball team is preparing for the upcoming season.

Seventh and eighth grade softball coach, Stevie Delozier, is on her second season of coaching at the junior high.

“Prior to taking the junior high coaching job, I coached rec and travel ball for several years,” Delozier said.

Delozier says that her goal is to give each player a positive experience to work on their skills and make fun and lasting memories with their teammates.

“While winning is always nice, a truly successful season is is one where each player can say they have learned something, and they have improved as the season went on,” Delozier said.

Eighth grader, Harley Yost, has been playing softball since fifth grade and plays first.

“It’s really fun, and I get to play with my friends,” Yost said.

Seventh grader, Casey Kuhn, is also trying out this season.

“I have played for two years,” Kuhn said.

Kuhn plays pitcher and third base.

I want to do it because it is something that I enjoy to do, and it is fun,” Kuhn said.

Delozier says that last year they had a lot of close and competitive games.

“We won some, and we lost some. I hope to keep building on that as the season goes on,” Delozier said.

Kuhn and Yost both think and hope they can all improve from last year.

“I feel like everything will go well this season, because there are a lot of new and good seventh graders,” Yost said.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Softball season soon begins”

1. Aminah Lamb on March 1st, 2018 1:31 pm

I have been playing softball for about 7 years, and I really enjoy spending time with my teammates! I really enjoy my coaches and I will never give up on softball cause it is my dream!

2. Aminah Lamb on March 1st, 2018 1:47 pm

I am ready for our away games and how much fun the team and I will have this season!

3. Catherine Clinger on March 8th, 2018 12:38 pm

I am so exited for our last tryout today!! I really hope I make the team!! Good luck Girls!!

4. sierra miller on March 8th, 2018 12:58 pm

Catherine Clinger I hope you make it.

5. Cam Crawford on March 9th, 2018 1:39 pm

Now that it is spring the girls softball team has started and their practices are starting soon.

6. rachel dionis on March 16th, 2018 11:31 am

I wasn’t sure why they were taking a picture of me but this is great. Softball is a great thing, helps keep students out of trouble and our whole team is hyped for the season.

7. Madison Zimerer on March 16th, 2018 1:38 pm

I know right I love our team

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left
  • Softball season soon begins

Eighth Grade Sports

New baseball teams wrap up season

• Softball season soon begins

Sports

Middle school track, field win championships

• Softball season soon begins

Eighth Grade Sports

Seventh, eighth grade track and field kicks off

• Softball season soon begins

Eighth Grade Sports

Athletic department adds baseball for spring

• Softball season soon begins

Eighth Grade Sports

Basketball teams midway through season

• Softball season soon begins

Eighth Grade Sports

Season for winter sport kicks in

• Softball season soon begins

Sports

Freshman football team finishes undefeated

• Softball season soon begins

Sports

Fall sports teams face rivials

• Softball season soon begins

Sports

Track season comes to end

• Softball season soon begins