Announcements for Friday, Oct. 7!

Attention Students regarding dismissal; Bus riders are to board buses immediately! NO LOITERING ON THE SIDEWALKS or disciplinary action will be taken.

(10/7) The Girls soccer team defeats Mt. Nittany yesterday with a score of 9-2.  Ava Frye kicked in 6 of those goals with 1 assist.  Ajaycia Alexander with 1 goal and 3 assists.  Ingrid Steward kicked in 1 goal.  Sylvie Boslet blasted in 1 goal .  Bella Noel , Grace Camberg, Lauren Metrik and Skylar Irwin all with 1 assist.  Good job, Ladies!

(10/7) The girls volleyball team swept Central Mountain in yesterday’s home match. The A team won by scores of 25-18 and 25-22, and Brianna Sanchez recorded a team high 14 service points. The B team won by scores of 25-19 and 25-19.

(10/7):  Attention students:  Here is a riddle:  A pizza place has an offer where you can swap five empty pizza boxes for a free pizza.  Joe has collected 25 pizza boxes.  How many free pizzas can he get?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  

(10/7) Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in the sport of Wrestling for this coming Winter season is asked to please attend an informational meeting this Friday at 2:00 in the Cafeteria.  If you are looking to be a part of something special please join the wrestling team.

(10/6 & 10/7) Due to its growing membership, the AAJHS Chess Club will begin to transition to Cafeteria 1 (across from the main office) on FRIDAY, October 7th. The same time will remain in place for the chess club – 2:45 – 3:45 – every THURSDAY. Please email Mr. Werking if you have any questions or would be interested in joining the club.

(10/10):  Attention Students:  Can you figure out this pattern:  OTTFFSS.   What are the next three letters in this combination?  If you think you have the answer, please consider coming to Mathcounts meetings Wednesdays after school in C275.  Please see Mrs. Abbott or email for more information.

(10-11):  Attention students:  Here is a puzzle:  First think of the color of the clouds.  Next, think of the color of snow.  Now think of the color of a bright full moon.  Now, quickly, answer: what do cows drink?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  (ANSWER: Water – NOT MILK)   🙂

(10-12):  Attention students:  Here is a riddle:  What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  

(10-13):  Attention students:  Here is something to think about:  What can you hold in your right hand, but never in your left hand?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.  See Mrs.  Abbott for the answers!  

(10/10-10/19) Attention Students:  The Wellness Committee is hosting its first Food Lab of the school year on Wednesday, October 19th right after school until 4:15.  Food labs teach you how to create fun and healthy meals and snacks.  Our menu will include: Italian Sliders, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Jalapeno Roll-Ups, Homemade Mac and Cheese, and Pepperoni Rolls.  If you enjoy cooking or snacking, sign up to attend in room 415 before the 19th.