Announcements for Monday, Oct. 24.

(10/24-11/2) Attention Students:  The library is hosting its monthly Lego Club meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd from 2:45-3:30.  Please take note of the time change and be sure to have your ride home here by 3:30.  Again, Lego Club will meet until 3:30 from now on.  If you are interested in joining this month, please sign up in the library before Nov. 2.  You must sign up monthly to participate.  Any questions, please see Mrs. McCaulley in the library.

(10/24-10/26) HELLO ALL KIND PEOPLE ! We have begun the Friends of Rachel Chains of Kindness project for this year. To celebrate kindness please ask a teacher for a chain link, write down a kind thing that you did for someone or a kindness that has been done for you. Return the completed link to your teacher. Members of the FOR club will be collecting your links and building kindness chains on the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade floors. Let’s set a goal to make those chains travel all the way around each floor. That is a lot of kindness, but you are some incredibly kind people. Just write about it on a link and return to a teacher.

(10/24) The weather’s getting colder! Do you have a warm winter coat? Or maybe you could just use a few more clothing items to get you through the fall-winter season. If so, come and check out the new and lightly-used selection of clothing and coats in Rachel’s Closet. Rachel’s Closet will be open on Mondays after school from 2:45 – 3:15 in Room 356 starting today. In addition to clothing, Rachel’s Closet also has school supplies and personal hygiene items available to students who need them. Stop by after school to check out this year’s merchandise.

(10/24)  Attention Students:  Here is a riddle:  There are two paths ahead, but only one is safe.  Two guards know which way is safe, but one guard can only tell the truth, while the other can only lie, and you don’t know who’s who.  What is one question you can ask to find the safer path?  If you think you have the answer, please consider coming to Mathcounts meetings Wednesdays after school in C275.  Please see Mrs. Abbott or email for more information.

(10/24) This week we are celebrating Red Ribbon Week and taking a stand against drugs.  This year’s Red Ribbon Week theme is Celebrate Life. Live Drug Free. The theme is a call to action to speak out in support of healthy choices.  It also serves as a reminder that we are all empowered with shaping the communities around us through positivity, bravery, and strength. 

Thank you to those who wore red today to show your support for the stand against drugs. Tomorrow’s theme is Too Bright For Drugs… wear neon or bright colors to show your stand against drugs.

(10/24-11/3) Students, this week the Sharing for the Holidays committee will begin their annual Veterans Day collection competition. All monies raised will go to our retired veterans living at the Hollidaysburg VA Home. Bring in spare change to your first period homeroom from now through November 4th. The three highest-collecting homerooms for each grade level will receive a movie reward in the auditorium. The highest-raising homeroom from each grade level will receive the extra prize of a Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast! 

(10/24 -10/26) Attention Boys and Girls Soccer Teams.  This is a reminder that Wednesday, October 26, you will be turning in your uniforms in the locker rooms, immediately after school.  This will be followed by a pizza party on the practice field!  It was a good season and it is time to celebrate!

(10/24 & 10/25) There will be Open Gym for Boys Basketball for 7th and 8th graders that are not playing a fall sport on Tuesday October 25 from 630-830pm in the junior high Fieldhouse.