• May 3Click here for today's announcements!
  • May 3Lunch - Macaroni & Cheese, Mixed Vegetables, Stewed Tomatoes and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • May 1Lunch - Cheese Steak Hoagie, Sweet Potato Fries, Italian Salad and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • April 30Starting Monday, May 6 Roar-A-Palooza tickets will go on sale for $10 until Friday, May 10 during fourth period in rooms 212 and 267!
  • April 30Lunch - Nachos w/Toppings, Baked Beans and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • April 29Lunch - Hot Dog, French Fries and Choice of Fruit and Milk!
  • April 26Lunch - Garlic Pizza Griller w/Sauce, Mixed Vegetables, Romaine Salad and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

Students are hands on with pottery

Courtney Detwiler puts glaze over her letters to her pottery box.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.
Courtney Detwiler puts glaze over her letters to her pottery box. Photo by Tyler McCloskey.

3D art is an elective that many students take.  They want to have fun in this class, and most students do.  What the students like is the “hands on experience.”  They get to make their own pottery which can vary from boxes to bottles.  They can also make it their own by carving letters in it, or they can color it uniquely.  This takes time to get the final finished product with all of the steps, hard work and learning that goes into making them.

Addison Cummings glazes her lid to her cup that she created in 3D Art.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.
Josh Henry glazes his pottery made bottle before he paints it.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.
Courtney Detwiler puts glaze over her letters to her pottery box.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.
Julia Kozak and Roxann Bagley start painting their jars.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.
Sam Winrick and Bobby McPhee glaze their pottery.  Photo by Tyler McCloskey.