Add The Fault in Our Stars to summer reading lists

Photo by wspucla.wordpress.com

The Fault in Our Stars is a book by the author John Green and tells the story of a 16 year old girl, Hazel,  who suffers from cancer. Hazel is forced by her parents to attend a support group and while going, she meets a 17 year old boy named Augustus Waters. They soon fall in love with each other with the time they spend together. They go on an adventure to Amsterdam to meet an author that Hazel always wanted to meet. They finally confess their love for each other. The ending on the other hand, is one you’ll have to find out on your own.

I for one loved the book and definitely recommend it. The book shows an average day in a teen’s life as well as a battle with cancer and romance. You’ll meet many characters in the book that will warm your heart and might even make you shed a tear every now and then. I know for a fact that while I was reading, I had to stop a couple times to take in all that was happening.

Green was asked, ‘’How do you put so much meaning into a book meant for young adults?’’

‘’Teenagers are plenty smart. I don’t sit around and worry whether teenagers are smart. I mean, most of the people currently reading The Scarlet Letter and The Great Gatsby… are teenagers,’’ Green said.

The Fault in Our Stars  movie version comes out June 6. The two main roles are played by Shailene Woodley as Hazel and Ansel Elgort as Augustus.

After reading the book, I’m excited to see the movie and what they make it into. Everyone’s counting down the days until it comes out.

The book is really just that good! Try reading the book before the movie comes out. Reading it before the movie can really benefit. Sometimes the directors take out a lot of the details that the book includes.

Photo by wspucla.wordpress.com
Photo by wspucla.wordpress.com