Drama cast prepares for upcoming play

Ninth grade teacher and play director, Johnathan Klingeman, and ninth grader, Michael Bruce practice for the upcoming play, Peter Pan Jr. Bruce was portraying the part of Captain Hook. The cast practice almost everyday so that they can memorize their lines and songs.
Photo By: Hanna Feathers
Ninth grade teacher and play director, Johnathan Klingeman, and ninth grader, Michael Bruce practice for the upcoming play, Peter Pan Jr. Bruce was portraying the part of Captain Hook. The cast practice almost everyday so that they can memorize their lines and songs. Photo By: Hanna Feathers

The upcoming play, Peter Pan Jr., premieres on stage on March 13-15! The cast works on the play everyday after school.

They study their scripts every night, so that they can remember what they are to say or sing. This is the first time that the drama club has done Peter Pan Jr. Drama club advisers, Jonathan Klingeman, Alyssa Becher and Kathy Morgan, decided to do something that the students and parents would enjoy. This play includes the cast flying in the air during some parts of the play!

Peter Pan Jr.  is one of the oldest movies that everyone enjoys. It is about a boy name Peter Pan who lives in Neverland with his friends, known as The Lost Boys. When his shadow goes into England, he runs into the Darling Family, who consists of Wendy, John and Michael Darling. They decide to go with Peter to live a better life. Once they get there, they never want to leave, but they had to go back to their family who loved and missed them. Before they leave, they go on many adventures, which includes battling pirates.

Ninth grade teacher and play director, Johnathan Klingeman, helps show the actors and actresses how to act on stage. He reminded them that they have to be in character. “When you are in character, you bring the whole play together,” Klingeman said. He showed them that they needed to have great emotion in order to portray their character.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth graders, Gavin Castine, Ian Campbell, Hadley Hollern and Logan Woodring, practice their parts of the play. Johnathan Klingeman helped them and showed them how to speak and how to act. He had to look at the script to make sure he was saying the correct lines.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Eighth grader, Jasmine Allen and ninth grader, Dana Schultz practice saying their lines. Allen had to practice her lines in her pirate voice. She had to make sure she sounded like a pirate and portrayed her part. Schultz was a part of the ensemble and she had to practice her singing and memorize the lyrics to the song that was being sung, “A Pirate’s Life for Me.”
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Klingeman shows Zoie Wilson, a seventh grader, how to clean the boat. Wilson was apart of the ensemble and when she was not singing, she had to be a pirate. That means that she had to clean the boat because that is what Captain Hook told them to do. Klingeman was also moving Taylor Carini, a ninth grader, so that he was seen.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth grader, Michael Bruce, who portrayed the part of Captain Hook, practices his part on stage. He was yelling at the pirates because they were not doing what they were supposed to. Bruce was also mad because Peter Pan was coming and they needed to get the ship ready to fight back.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Woodring feeds the crocodile. He is standing near the rail on the outside of the ship. Woodring throws out food so that the crocodile comes near the boat and eats the food. Everyone else on the boat was mad because they did not want a crocodile near the boat.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Bruce used Hollern, as a table. He placed his map on the table. He was trying to figure out where Peter Pan would have hid.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Bruce looks at his script and gets prepared for his next line. Klingeman acts out his part to show Bruce how to act. Klingeman and Bruce were having a conversation.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth grader, Autumn Emeigh-Bellon, practices the dance for try-outs. She was focusing so that she could balance in her pose. Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth grader, Autumn Emeigh-Bellon, practices the dance for try-outs. She was focusing so that she could balance in her pose.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Ninth grader, Sara Sohmer, also the dance director teaches the dancers for the try-outs. She was showing them parts of the dance that was in the play. Photo by Hannah Barr
There is a part in the play where dancers are needed. Ninth grader, Sara Sohmer, the dance director teaches the dancers that dance that will need to be known for the try-outs. She She showed them parts of the dance that would be in the play.
Photo by Hanna Feathers
Chorus teacher, Jessica Connell, playes the music on the piano. She was playing the notes for the songs so that the actors and actresses know their notes. Photo by Hanna Feathers
Chorus teacher, Jessica Connell, playes the music on the piano. She played the notes for the songs so that the actors and actresses knew their notes.
Photo by Hanna Feathers