Finishing up season

White and Maroon end their season a good note.  They might not have won every game but they had an amazing season and tried their best.  However, the maroon ninth grade boys ended their season with a defeat against Bishop McCort on Feb. 20.  The final score was 44 to 36.  The boys played a very good game and avoided injuries.  Also, many of their fellow peers came out to support the team.  The ninth grade community had a tailgate after school for students to come and make posters for the team.

“We had an amazing season, and I can’t wait until next year to come around!” Daiquian Watson said.

Ninth graders, Sarah Brumbaugh, Lauren Woomer, Tovin Schilling, Emily Baker, Logan Ridenour, Jordan Carothers and Deja Johnson support their school.  Since this was the day of the last varsity basketball games, the ninth grade class constructed a tailgate before the game with a lot of snacks and drinks.
Ninth graders, Sarah Brumbaugh, Lauren Woomer, Tovin Schilling, Emily Baker, Logan Ridenour, Jordan Carothers and Deja Johnson support their school. Since this was the day of the last varsity basketball games, the ninth grade class constructed a tailgate before the game with a lot of snacks and drinks. Photo by Daysia Cuff.

The ninth grade boys huddle up together for the last time this school year.  They all put their arms up and Mr.Saylor shares an motivational word.  The team is then led to victory.
The ninth grade boys huddle up together for the last time this school year. They all put their arms up and Coach Saylor shares a word at an attempt to motivate the boys. The team is then led to victory.  Photo by Daysia Cuff

Altoona's ninth grade class gathers together to support the Maroon Boy's at their last game of the season.
Altoona’s ninth grade class gathers together to support the Maroon Boy’s at their last game of the season.  Photo by Daysia Cuff

Daiquain Watson, Logan McGeary, and Jarod Kutz, ninth grade, get low and get ready.  Watson slaps the ball over to the rest of the team giving Altoona the advantage.
Daiquain Watson, Logan McGeary, and Jarod Kutz, ninth grade, get low and get ready. Watson slaps the ball over to the rest of the team giving Altoona the advantage.  Photo by Daysia Cuff.

Watson, ninth grade, is surrounded by the opposing team while everyone else is at the other end of the court making their way to him; he dunks the ball.
Watson, ninth grade, is surrounded by the opposing team while everyone else is at the other end of the court making their way to him; he dunks the ball.  Photo by Daysia Cuff.