Day in the Life of an Assistant Principal: Mr. Hatch

In the morning, Mr.Koehle went to a meeting with the other assistant principals. The meeting was with other teachers and advisers.  Photo by Joanne Pringle
Picasa
In the morning, Mr.Koehle went to a meeting with the other assistant principals. The meeting was with other teachers and advisers. Photo by Joanne Pringle

Brad Hatch is the eighth grade principal. He mainly deals with the issues on the eighth grade floor. He also does the announcements in the morning before classes start. Hatch has lots of jobs. He has to let the students know about what’s going on in the school; he lets the students know about exciting events that are happening for sports and he also has meetings to attend. This is on a daily basis. His schedules are close to being similar, but his is not the same as the other assistant principals. Since he is the eighth grade assistant principal, he only does that grade in the junior high to look over. Sometimes, he has to go to a different grade if something happens between two or more students in different grade levels. It depends on the incident. He also is helping Vince Nedimyer get his principal license. Hatch is Nedimyer’s mentor, and Nedimyer is his intern for one or two periods each day.

Mr. Hatch
Eighth grade prinicipal, Brad Hatch, looks at the daily news. He looked at news that dealt with different schools. Photo by Hannah Barr
Mr. Hatch
Ninth grader, Taylor C., does the Lion Pledge on Wednesday morning. Students signed up to do the Lion Pledge during the week for everyone to hear over the announcements and to show how much school spirit they have. Photo by Hannah Barr
Mr. Hatch
Hatch sits in on a meeting Wednesday morning. This meeting was for faculty to talk about different ways to improve the school. Photo by Hannah Barr
Mr. Hatch
Ninth grade gym teacher, Vince Nedimyer, works on some work for his internship. During the day, Nedimyer came up to the eighth grade floor to learn how to be a principal. Photo by Hannah Barr
Mr. Hatch
Hatch gives eighth grader, Olivia S., work for her sister. Photo by Hannah Barr