Students NEED five minutes between classes

Connor George, Reporter

This school year, students have been rushing around to their classes. Students in ninth grade must go from one end of the school to the other. Seventh graders must rush upstairs to head to their next class after gym.

An obvious solution to this issue is to extend between class time to five minutes instead of three. One problem- this could make the day longer. To solve this, simply start school at 7:20 instead of 7:25. Then, move first period to 7:30, end at 8:14, start the next class at 8:19, etc.

By doing this, teachers can worry less about student’s tardiness to class. With extended time between classes, students can do what they need to do- use the restroom, get their binders from their lockers and get to class on time.

Some may argue that the gym teachers let student out early to get to class. However, students in the technology education rooms are let out at the bell and must rush to their next classes.

Not only this, but ninth grade students in music and tech. ed. classes may have to run up the stairs and to the other side of the building to get to class. It’s already difficult enough to get from one side of the ninth grade floor to the other.

In short, students need 5 minutes between classes, to be able to get to class on time and accomplish tasks which lead to lost class time.