Conflicting Feelings on School Wide ID’s

Photo by: Mekenzy Irish
Photo by: Mekenzy Irish

Many of the students are completely against the wearing of the ID’s. But, along the with the school board, there are also many students who don’t mind the ID’s and couldn’t care less whether or not they have to wear them. Springing ID’s on the student body was a bit sudden, but it was done with good reasoning.

One out of many reasons behind the ID’s is the shooting that occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Because of this tragedy that occurred, the school decided to take necessary precautions to keep the students safe. In order to do this they decided to give each student here in the Altoona Area School District an ID that they must wear all day, every day, for the entire school year.

The decision and distribution of the ID’s occurred in the year 2012. And although many students find this change terrible and unnecessary, it was all done for their well being. Hating the ID’s is completely pointless, there’s nothing that can be done about it. The ID’s will be worn all throughout junior high and high school, so the students better get used to them.

ID’s aren’t a bad thing, they are just something new. Slowly the students are getting used to the idea and concept of wearing ID’s, but some students still refuse to accept this new and apparently terrifying new change. It all depends on the person. Don’t disregard the ID’s, just accept them because they’re going be around for a while.

Photo by: Mekenzy Irish
Photo by: Mekenzy Irish